Moving abroad is one of the best ways to push your boundaries and step out of your comfort zone. That’s one of the reasons why I’m currently living and working in Tel Aviv, Israel.
I recently had the chance to chat with Hunar Chandhok from Novice Soul about my experience. Through success stories, book reviews, travel journals and personal growth tips, Novice Soul inspires readers to live the life they have always dreamed of. I’m really grateful to have been featured as a success story and to share my journey.
We talked about:
- My story and background
- The turning point when I decided to move abroad
- Taking risks and embracing change
- The top 5 things I learned about myself and changes I’ve noticed
- My take on long-term travel versus short trips
- How I prepared myself financially for living and working abroad
- Some of the challenges I faced when I moved to Israel and how I overcome them
- How the lifestyle and work environment in Israel differs from North America
- Advice for students and young professionals interested in working or volunteering abroad
Have any questions about my experience? Considering long-term travel or international work/volunteering? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.